IBFAN-ICDC’s office in Tanjong Bungah, Penang has openings for the following positions.
Applicants must be Malaysian citizens or hold appropriate residency status.
Candidate must have at least a Sixth Form qualification or a diploma and have at least 5 years working experience.
- Overseeing general administration including maintenance of office, personnel and accounting records.
- Dealing with government, statutory bodies, vendors, contractors and partner organisations whenever the need arises.
- Liaising with banks on financial matters and taking care of payroll, petty cash and payments to vendors, staff and others as necessary.
- Handling office correspondences, sales of publications and coordinating work schedules.
- Such other functions as are necessary for the smooth operation of the office.
- Candidate must have a good command of spoken and written English, be IT savvy and be prepared to work at least 20 hours per week. Salary will be competitive.
This is a junior position to assist incumbent Legal Advisor in her work. Candidate must possess an LLB Degree or equivalent, must have been admitted as an advocate and/solicitor in a common or civil law jurisdiction and have at least 2 years working experience.
Required skills and job description:
- Excellent writing and analytical skills with interest in global health issues.
- Candidate must be a versatile self-starter who can assist in drafting and analysing international instruments, national laws and other legal documents, rendering legal and advisory services to the organisation, its partners and constituents. He/She will also be required to assist in other assignments forming part of the work of the organisation such as advocacy, publications, documentation and training.
- Candidate must be prepared to travel and work in multi-cultural settings.
- Knowledge of languages other than English and experience of working in public interest organisations will be an advantage. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Interested? Write to The Administrator at code (at) ibfan-icdc.org on or before 15 November 2017