LOOK WHAT THEY’RE DOING!
ICDC’s Code monitoring is continuously sustained by volunteers from around the world. We are grateful for their contributions as their whistle-blowing efforts enable us to know what companies are up to in all corners of the world. This way, we are able to keep up with latest company strategies and marketing trends and are able to advocate for change through Code implementation and enforcement.
We provide below links to 20 recent Code violations (yet unpublished anywhere else) so everyone can see what companies are up to of late and look for similar promotional tactics in their own backyards. The benchmarks are the minimum standards set by the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and subsequent World Health Assembly Resolutions.
SMA annual baby event in Ireland takes know-how to new promotional heights | link
SMA under Nestlé ownership violates the Code with a price reduction for its infant formula products in Ireland | link
HIPP, Nestlé, Milupa and Bimbosan partner bounty company to offer gifts and samples to mothers in Switzerland | link
Violating the Code is in a job description of a managerial position in Nestlé Canada | link
Abbott growing-up milk cross-promotion in Malaysia | link
Promotion of Nestlé Cerelac in violation of the Law in Pakistan | link
Danone runs riot in Ethiopia. See how this French company takes advantage of the lack of Code implementation to promote its Bebeblac products at a pharmacy in Addis Ababa | link
Supporting mums across Africa or fooling them? Find out how Danone reaches out to mothers using the information platform | link
- Babynat Organic unethical labelling found in retail stores in Malaysia | link
- Baby’s Only Organic promotional signboard spotted in Vietnam | link
- MAM's gift to pregnant women in France | link
- Danone's Aptamil special offer in retail outlet in Scotland | link
- Nestle's illicit contact with members of clothing retailer in Canada | link
- Philips Avent promotes its feeding bottles as "the best start in life" in Australia | link
- MAM bottle TV spot in Germany plays on baby's life journey with MAM (not mum) | link
- Concertina fold-out attached to label idealises Novalac for caesarian babies with claims in the UAE | link
- Dumex organises Early Life Nutrition seminar to cultivate health professionals in Myanmar | link
- Anmum leaflet makes claims about brain cell connections in Malaysia | link
- Mead Johnson's Nutramigen promoted as the ideal special food for lactose intolerant babies | link
- Danone's retail outlet promotion in France | link
- Nestlé SMA sponsorship of continuing medical education in Ireland | link
- Nestlé Gerber's complementary food labelling in Vietnam | link
Everyone can monitor. And monitoring can be done anytime anywhere. Help us to call the companies to account by submitting pictures of Code violations or practices which, in your view, undermine breastfeeding in your community.
We have a Quick & Easy Form you can use to convey the relevant information.